Friday 16 June 2017

Writing short stories

Whilst in the car yesterday, listening to one of my favorite albums I started to write a story in my head based on the titles of the songs as they came up. Some of them were more difficult than others, but as a quick creative exercise I was quite happy with the results.

See if you can spot the album and band :)

"During my commute this morning I had traffic in a couple of places, but thankfully had music to keep me sane. It was a great album, made me feel new born to hear the songs again, absolute bliss! Not talking space dementia here, but hyper music! I just thought “oh, plug in, baby, and whack the volume up!” I felt sorry for anyone who I disturbed with the music, but for those songs I was a citizen erased! The problem with a loud stereo though is that after a couple of songs your ears feel like they have micro cuts in them! But I didn’t care I was glued to the music like a screenager is glued to a phone, I could feel the dark shines in my soul! It truly left me feeling good! Like we should embrace futurism, building the future together and ensuring that megalomania never takes hold!"

6 comments:

  1. I know the band, song, and album, but I think I'm disqualified because you turned me on to them in the first place, Stace!!! (Thank you again, incidentally.) ;-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, you're right it's the listing of one of their albums :)

      And you are more than welcome!

      Stace

      Delete
  2. Have you checked out the new single? I like it quite a bit. Apparently it's a one-off, but hopefully we'll get an album relatively soon too!

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the new single :) I was listening to an interview with Matt on the radio and apparently they are releasing the singles from the new album as they are ready - the new album should be coming next year IIRC - and this track will be on it! :)

      Stace

      Delete
  3. I didn't know that - glad to hear we'played have a new album to look forward to next year! Thanks Stace! 🙂

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was supposed to be "we have" - no clue where "played" came from!!!

      Delete