Friday 16 June 2017

Back on the road

Two weeks ago I posted a picture of the bike stranded at the side of this road. Whilst waiting for the truck I took a couple of other pictures to pass the time. If you look carefully you can just see the mirror in this picture.


Today I went to pick it up! A new battery and a new mass air flow sensor (well a second hand one) and a new battery (seriously, how much!) and I’m back on the road! It took their mechanics half a day to find the fault and fix so I’m glad I didn’t do it :)


I picked it up and took it for a quick blast. Slow twisty roads, fast motorways and  very slow neighbourhood roads to get home. I loved almost every second of it. Almost.


At the worst possible time, 4th lane of a 130 kmph / 85mph motorway I noticed some fluff in my helmet. I was about bro open my visor to try and get rid of it when I saw that the fluff was black and yellow. You can imagine the language that went through my head (though not out of my mouth, I wasn’t going to risk that!)


Hazards on, head down so it doesn’t fall on me and get to the hard shoulder ASAP!


Thankfully it was dazed and so when I opened the helmet it just dropped into the grass verge and didn’t fly into my face!


No comments:

Post a Comment