This week I have not had that much time for myself. That is something that I am planning on changing in the coming weeks again!
But, we have a long weekend now so time to relax. Almost :)
Today is my third zapping session, this time I am really going to try and make sure that the anaesthetic is in all the right places :) After all I don't want to get a close up of the ceiling again this time :)
Then, apart from visiting my in-laws for Easter, the rest of the weekend is going to be taken up with studying and on Monday taking my exam for Professional Product Owner. Whilst I can do well in the test exams on Scrum.org, I also know that the questions I get wrong (normally 1 per test) are ones that I do actually know the answer to, I'm just not reading it correctly. And I cannot afford to do that in the real exam. We'll see.
So what else has been happening this week... Well, the project I mentioned before is finally starting to come alive for me. I know what I want to do, I know what needs to be done internally and, most importantly, I am finally starting to find out what the people involved last year want from it this year.
Yes, there are still lots of challenges to overcome. Most of which I can't mention here, but trust me they are going to make it complex and difficult in places where it shouldn't be! :)
I spent a few mornings doing stress testing for a part of our system. And I'm trying to think if there is anything more boring! You spend six hours clicking a few buttons, waiting five minutes, writing down the results and then repeating. You also have the feeling that you are just sitting there wasting your time staring at a screen that is doing nothing. But at the end I had a nice collection of figures and managed to make some nice graphs to report to the people who have to make the decisions about SLAs.
And then... My nemesis came back to haunt me this week. It was the Team Foundation Server test migration day again. Now, for various reasons this has been delayed, and then delayed some more. Yesterday it should have been delayed again, but I decided to try and fight it as it's now taking too long.
That was a mistake! I spent 8 hours trying to get the groundwork done for the migration, and ended up 1/3 of the way through the migration itself. Servers not correctly configured, data not being available and login names not working all thwarted my efforts to actually do something useful!
On the bright side, I had a walk and talk with my boss again where I could air my thoughts, give the updates that needed to be given, and managed to get some work that I am just not able to do taken off of my plate. I'm pleased about the last one. There was some work that is really important, just not a urgent as the things I am doing now. And therein lies the problem. But it's one of the tasks that is easy to transfer to someone else, so he offered to do so.
I really think that is about it for now... It has been a busy, stressful week - but not really something that I can explain!
Oh, my other blog is starting to come along. I now have wordpress installed, just need to figure out how to make it useful for me... Watch this space!