Sunday 24 March 2013

And Stacy then?!

A quick anecdote from a friend of mine a few weeks back that I thought was really amusing :)

The last time that I went to have my hair cut and dyed I was chatting, as you do, and she said something that her (very clever  6 year old) daughter had said.

There was a misunderstanding about the nature of growing up, and someone made a comment about girls growing up and becoming men.

It was explained that girls grow into women, and boys grow into men.

After giving it some though my friends daughter asked 'And Stacy then?'

I couldn't help but laugh at that - perfect use of logic!

(It was explained that I had always felt like a girl, and so I was still a girl that grew into a woman - but I still love the logic of the comment)

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the innocence of children when it comes to asking questions and making comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh again, Stace! Twice in two posts is a great ratio! And again, I second what Jenna says. Out of the mouths of babes...

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cracked up when I heard it, and apologised for making her life harder :)

    But it has to be said as well, the way that they told their children, and answered their questions has been amazing!

    Stace

    ReplyDelete