Friday 12 August 2011

Wonderful SMSs

When I first told my parents about me 18 months ago one of the things that my mum said is that she wanted to tell her youngest sister so she had someone to talk to.  Her sister is trust worthy, good with secrets and open minded.

I said that I had nothing against the plan - she needs someone to talk to, and it being a family member is probably not a bad idea (one of her friends know, but it's not the same really is it?).  Anyway, it came to nothing as my mum decided that she would wait.  I said don't not do it for me, but if you don't want to do it yet that's also fine.

Fast forward to know, and the place I am in at the moment and she decided that she would do it.  I am guessing that it happened this week, shortly before I got this text message:

Hi there Stacey.  Just to let you know you are always welcome here, and if you ever need a chat I'm here for you.  Love you x x x x x x

I just wanted to share that with you all.  I feel really lucky to have the family that I have, even if they are 800 to 1600 km's away!

Of course there is another aunt that that they were going to speak to this week.  It's the one that I stay with all the time when I go the the UK...  No text from her yet - though I can't think that it went badly otherwise they would have called me.  I assume.  I'll speak to them at the weekend and see how it went (or if they decided not to tell her yet after all)

5 comments:

  1. It's always a worry when relatives are told, unlike friends you can't cut 'em off if things go wrong. I'm glad your aunt was so accepting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy,

    It is so wonderful that you have such a loving and caring family. That love and support are so important.

    I am thrilled that my prayers are being answered in such a positive way. God is truly gracious.

    If I am spelling your name incorrectly, please let me know. I never seem to remember which is which, and I certainly don't want to spell it wrong. You can even email me at, fandfmfgco(AT)gmail(DOT)com, with the answer.

    Many Hugs and Prayers,

    Cynthia XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny: It depends on which relatives to be honest... We are not the closest of extended families and living in a different country means that I have quite literally not seen or spoken to some of my aunts and cousins for half a decade.

    However, this is an aunt that I like a lot and try to get to see as much as possible. It's quite a relief!

    Cynthia: It's Stacy :) It's odd that you ask this on this particular post - the SMS I got from my aunt had my name spelt wrong :)

    I've had enough of that in my current life (my name has two spellings and pronunciations) for it not to bother me too much.

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased that you are finding such acceptance - I think it says as much about you as your family.

    Becca

    OS Was the holiday spent as Stacy as well - wasn't quite sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Becca. I called my aunt yesterday and we had lovely long chat - actually the situation barely got a mention outside of her saying that as long as I was happy she was happy; and checking on how Mrs Stace was doing.

    Unfortunately the holiday was not spent as Stacy, Mrs Stace's parents are not ready to see me as Stacy just yet.

    Stace

    ReplyDelete