Wednesday 15 July 2009

Happier, but I don't know why

Since the last post I've been rushed of my feet at work - dealing with other peoples issues, stressing over the issues I mentioned on my last post and reading posts on another blog that both uplifted me, annoyed, and then brought me back down again.

And yet...

I feel quite happy at this moment in time. Not sure how long it's going to last - i just hope that it lasts a while :)

Over the last week I've been reading a number of tgirl blogs. The amount of old blogs that are no longer updated is huge (let's see if this one turns out the same way...), of the ones that are left a lot seem to be more about self expression than anything else - which is fine - and are either entertaining or excrutiating to read. There are a number I found which contain lots of TG rights information. Then there are the life blogs (kind of what this is turning into).

Out of the three I find the last to be the biggest draw to me. I don't know if it's finding new information, or knowing that others have gone through the same - and more - and seeing that there are ways to cope long term.

About 10 years ago there was a blog (metaphobia.co.uk). There she described her life - the good and the bad. It ended not long after her GRS, and is no longer available on line. All I can do is hope that it worked out for the best - it seems that she ended it when her journey ended.

Recently I found another blog - not from someone who was looking for GRS this time - (http://www.thegirlinside.com/). Here 'Mattie' / 'Marielle' and 'The Wife' write interesting, thought provoking and usefull articles. I think that I can attribute at least some of my general feeling of improvement to these people - and for that I offer my thanks.

The two articles that really caught my attention are 'Coming out to my parents' and 'Why Don't Men Wear Dresses'. The first for the courage shown and tips on how to have one of the most difficult conversations in your life (and well done Mattie) and the second just because it's one of the most interesting articles I've read. Reading it I just thought 'Yes, uh-huh, so right'. The links are also well worth taking the time to read. And some of the responses to the linked articles represent the whole reason why people like myself get so stressed and depressed...

Anyway, that's the end of this ramble. I'll be back wen there is somethimg worth writing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment