Saturday 5 May 2018

Getting by

Life immediately after my last post was not fun. For several days I was totally down, always on the verge of tears and constantly cimbing the walls. Knowing that it was needed did not make life any easier.

Oodly enough, for most of the people I spoke to about it, letting people know how I was feeling didn't help.

Having a group of people around you who want to help is great. Getting them to understand that I not just need to get over myself on the otherhand seems to be impossible. 

You just need to learn to relax
You just need to push yourself
You just need to be happy with what you have
Oh, I know, I hate being in the middle of a crowd as well

That last one proceeds them running into the middle of a crowd and engaging everyone in it with a beaming smile on their face

I've learnt that there are a couple of people who I can talk to, and how listen in return. The rest will likely get the "I'm fine" reaction from now. I know that they want to help, but the problem is that they are not...

But, I'm on the way up. The last few days have been much better.

Now I'm trying to get back to some projects that I have wanted to do for a while. And I'm trying a new toy to kick start me. Last year I treated myself to a Samgsung tablet. Today I got a keyboard to go with it. Now I can grab a computer out of my bag and type. Whether that is editing code, something that I am still trying to get working, or whether it is writing.

The first public thing is this very post.

Once I have had the keyboard for a few days I'll try to write a review for it.


3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you're on your way up. It ain't easy, but it's a better place. Good luck and enjoy the mobility to create with the tablet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step at a time, one day at a time. You're doing it, Stace. :c) It's great that you have a few people you know you can count on. Good listeners are to be treasured!

    Keep up the great work, and remember I'm here if you ever want someone else to listen. :c)

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both. I've had my second session now, and I have to say I'm doing better from it. Ill probably write something about it - I'm about up to it again :)

    Oddly enough, some that has relly helped me this last week has been abject misery caused my shoulder / neck / back pain. It reminds me of when Iself harmed in the past. The pain has just cut through everything and given me a little of my life back.

    Ijust have to hold on to that now that the pain is dying down a little.

    Stace

    ReplyDelete