Friday 16 March 2018

Appointment made

First of all I'd like to thank people for the support, either via comments, mail or other mediums. It's means the world to me to have such support.

It's been a major feature I'd my week, and I'm not sorry that I have a weekend of nothing much planned coming up.

I've had a chat with my close team, and one other colleague who has helped me in the past.

And...

I've made the appointment with the doctors.

Actually, i tried yesterday, but the first time the assistant was busy for 7 minutes with someone and I gave up waiting, and then they were closed for the afternoon. So I had to work up the courage the next day as well...

The call was fine, the assistant giving me a double appointment without asking why I wanted one. Now I'm stressing about what I'm going to say, how to word my feelings and where to go next. It feels good making this step. I know it's a step in the right direction, but it's not helped me yet.

Once I got off of the phone I updated our "out" board to say I wouldn't be in that morning. Then I told the team, they are really supportive and congratulated me on taking the step. Then I had to leave before I burst into tears...

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, hon! I know firsthand how scary it is, especially when you first go. That really is the hardest part. The best advice I can give is to not censor yourself, and to just go with whatever you're feeling at the moment. Over time I learned the value of just trusting my instincts; I suspect you will too. :c)

    Feel free to drop me a line anytime if you want to chat, Stace. I would be more than happy to talk about my work with you if you think it would help. Meanwhile, best of luck, and congratulations again! I'm proud of you!

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks both. I was a mess when I made the appointment last week, but it slowly got better. Now that I am getting closer to the time it is slowly coming back. It's going to be an interesting week...

    I learnt with my last therapist that full and open disclosure is important. As is that first click - if you don't have a click then it's not easy to open up completely. Hopefully I strike it lucky twice...

    Stace

    ReplyDelete