Monday 16 December 2019

I'm not even counting any more...

Err... Right... You're not supposed to appologise when you have a massive gap between posts are you?

Well, sorry...

The last 2 years have been a roller coaster for me here.


  • We got a new house (awesome!)
  • I got my classic car back on the road (nightmare mixed with emotion, mixed with awesome)
  • A totaly and utter crash on the mental health front (could be better...)
  • A new side career (super awesome, OMG, I love it! There are not enough superlatives)


But... I am still here, and I am on a road to recovery.

In fact, the last year has been more varied than I could have ever imagined.

Right now I am so pushed for time that I am going to have to leave you clinging onto the edge of your seats, but tune in this time next week (month? I hope it's earlier than that), and I'll do my best to break up my last 2 years into bitesize chunks.

(Oh, and thanks to Calie for saying hi on Cass' blog - that gave me the kick to let you all know that I am here, and whilst not 100% OK, certainly not in a bad way...)

Stace

9 comments:

  1. The right time to post on your blog is ...

    Maybe we should take turns filling in the blanks. So, hooray for Calie giving you a push, and hooray for you still commenting even if you aren't quite ready to post anything.

    Long winded, yeah ... You said "sorry" and that makes you an honorary Canadian you know! :- )

    Great to see you here Stace!

    Halle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you have the time, drive, self-confidence and anxiety is under control?

      OK, I'm looking at that list and I am not 100% surprised it took so long! (I did open an edit window a few times, but never quite managed topost...)

      I would love to be an hononary Canadian!

      Great to be back!
      Stace

      Delete
  2. Hi Stace.....curious minds want to know!

    Sorry to hear about the mental health crash (been there, done that this year) but also glad to hear the good news. A new house is exciting as is getting your classic wheels on the road.

    @Halle - So worry for not writing. Does that make me an honorary Canadian?

    Calie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Calie,

      Thanks, and sorry that you have been through it as well. It's tough, I'm really lucky that I have access to superb mental health care - without that I don't know where I would be now...

      I'll be posting soon. It's nothing too secrative, I just need time to sit down and write 😁

      Watch out for the next (exciting?) episode!
      Stace

      Delete
  3. @Halle.....certainly "worry" is not going to get me that honor. I meant "sorry"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calie! I have realized that in my mind, you, living in California, have always been part Canadian! You definitely have that status on your own merit. ;- )

    Stace, you are a hard working gal, so it is perfectly understandable that you need to find the time to write.
    For me, the right time to post will be the next time I think of anything interesting to me that might be interesting to others. My life right now is, happily, calm and confident. For you to feel the same way is my wish for you - hopefully you won't have to wait until you are pushing 70!

    Proost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. Good to hear you're hanging on in there and that the new side gig is working for you.

    PS: If it helps, think of blogging as more about quality than quantity.... just like code commits ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😁

      I'm hanging in, and I've come a long way in the last year. But there is still so much to go!

      Hmm... Code commits... Does that mean that if I remove half of my posts the blog has been improved 🤣

      Groetjes,
      Stace

      Delete