Saturday 29 March 2014

Time flies when you are simply looking at your son and smiling!

I may not have much time to write this - as I type I can see my son waking up on the video monitor. I think that he wants to watch F1 qualifying with me :p

Well, it's been 6 weeks now, and things are still going well. He is healthy and has learnt to smile - and there has been nothing in my life so amazing as having him smile at me when he wakes up in the morning!

He's being very kind to us at night, only waking up once for food - and last night that once was 7 hours after he went to sleep. From what others have told me, we cannot complain at that!

We are starting to get into a rhythm during the evening but over the daytime he is still doing his own thing. Poor Mrs Stace struggles most with that though as I have to go to work...

And that is really how much time I have as he is starting to get upset!

Oops, I seem to have turned into someone who only talks about their children! (I hope that is acceptable when they are so young!).

One final thing before I go, I managed to get a new dress recently. I saw it on

...

Ok, a few hours later and he has let me get back on the laptop for another couple of minutes!

So, I saw a dress on a fashion blog that I read, I read them normally to see what can work, what not and what things I would never have thought of appeal to me.

This is the first time I actually clicked through and bought something. Though I was rather scared when I did. The fashion blogger is a very pretty, short, thin read had. The closest I get to that is red(ish) hair. But, the dress was not a couple of hundred pounds from an exotic shop, it was a 35 pound dress from Tesco's online clothing shop. (I didn't even know they had one!)

So, a look around and we got some baby things as well (really cheap 100% cotton clothes!) and ordered them. A couple of days later they arrived - we ordered some things from a Dutch site on the same day and the delivery from Yorkshire actually got here faster; well done Tesco! :)

On Friday I tried the dress for the first time and...  It has paid for itself in compliments and self confidence! Almost everyone commented on it positively (one person did complain that it wasn't summer yet, and didn't get the point when I said the warmth was fine, it was the slight breeze that was the problem...) and I felt great in it!  Not bad for the cheapest dress I own!

http://www.foreveramber.co.uk/2014/03/birthday-dress.html
From Tesco's Site



Right, time for a cup of tea and then I think that someone may want to get up again!


6 comments:

  1. Belated congratulations on the birth of your son Stace!
    There are no stronger memories from my youth than those associated with the birth and early nurture of our two.
    Holding a grandchild may come close. Embracing both a grandchild and her mother at the same time comes closer still.
    Savour it all.
    xx Halle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Halle! We are savouring every moment (it is amazing how anything else suddenly becomes unimportant!).

      Stace

      Delete
  2. ...I seem to have turned into someone who only talks about their children!

    Yeah, but it's more interesting that football or politics..... umm... IMO. ;-) Lovely to hear that things are going well and that Junior's been kind to you on the sleep front. The lack of sleep thing really is the killer. I hope Mrs Stace is doing okay during the day. It's really hard work looking after a baby, but it does get easier - honest! :-)

    That dress is *fab*! Will you be wowing us with a snap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! Even more important than F1 or MotoGP :p

      I've seen from a colleague that lack of sleep can be a killer, I hope he stays good to us! It's hard work, but we have not yet got the the point where it is unpleasant hard work (I have been warned that the time will come!)

      Mrs Stace is OK during the day, she just has very little time when she can do something...

      I fell in love with the dress as soon as I saw it! Will there be a photo? I'm not sure, I don't have that many photos of me (something that hasn't changed with transition - I still hate photos!). But if one is taken, and I think it's OK then I guess it will be appearing :)

      Stace

      Delete
  3. Hi Stace!

    I, for one, am happy to listen to any and all stories about a subject that clearly makes you so joyously happy. :c)

    That dress is *so* cute! I have no doubt you look adorable in it. Also, I applaud your courage in wearing a sleeveless dress in March (at least if your March has been remotely like ours)! :D

    By the way, had no idea you were a redhead - or even a reddish-head. lol My natural color is sort of that way - dirty blonde, with red highlights. Either way, redheads rock!!!

    Great to hear from you, hon! Be well!

    Hugs,
    Cass

    P.S. I know you probably have no time to listen to any new music, but the new Elbow album is wonderful. I'm sure Kleitnje would enjoy it too (hint hint). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am happy to talk about them :) The other woman in the room where I work is actually quite happy now that there is someone else who wants to do the baby talk, and the clothes talk - working with 70% men means that it doesn't happen too often ;p

      I have light brown hair, with red and blond strands in between (I wouldn't go as far as to say highlights), but then again I can't really remember the last time I saw it :) I have it coloured to be light brown / copper with a red sheen when there is direct light on it. My mum hates it :)

      Stace

      Delete